Project Portfolio Manager - Renewable Energy - Johannesburg - South Africa
Salary: Market Related
CA Global: Power and Energy (Africa Positions) has a client that is in need of a Project Portfolio Manager (Renewable Energy / Wind Power / Solar Power) the position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa
Are you a strong manager with a passion for Renewable Energy and are looking to take your career to the next level? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. My client who is one of the leading players in the global market for clean energy projects is currently looking for a Project Portfolio Manager. The company has extensive consulting experience across most of the major continents. Apply now and make the right move for your career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan, coordinate, analyses and manage all aspects of wind, solar and other renewable energy resources
- Conduct resources assessment, siting, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, and project proposal evaluation. Market assessment, strategic planning, policy evaluation and economic analysis
- Develop technical and economic analysis of projects and technologies using built models
- Providing input into the selection of the most appropriate WTG, CSP and PV options and defining specifications for such procurement
- Designing the most appropriate layout for new wind and solar parks
- Reviewing and approving external studies on energy production and parks layout
- Advising the project team on areas where local content, beneficial opportunities can be exploited
- Relevant engineering / technical degree
- 6 – 10 years post graduate experience
- Ability to produce in-depth technical assessment reports
- Experience in the renewable energy sector is preferred
- Own reliable transport with a valid driving license is essential
- Prior management experience of a small team
- Passion for renewable energy
- Willingness to travel into the rest of Africa when needed
Please apply directly, by clicking on the CV submit button below.
For any further information please get in contact with:
CA Engineering is a division of the CA Global Group
Mining & Civil Infrastructure Engineering Recruitment Specialist
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities by CA Engineering.