Site SHEQ Coordinator - Manufacturing - Cape Town - South Africa
Site SHEQ Coordinator is required by CA Global: Africa Positions. The position is based in Cape Town - South Africa.
· Ensure that effective emergency preparedness and response plans are in place
· Conduct inspections and audits and produce high quality reports based on findings
· Verify and check of the application of all HSE procedures, compliance with local laws and regulations, risk assessments and personnel induction.
· Implementation of HSE plan and risk assessments
· Auditing the implementation of the EMP on a monthly basis and undertaking a continual review of the EMP and recommending additions and/or changes
· Compiling a final audit report regarding the EMP and its implementation during the construction period after completion of the contract
· Keeping a photographic record of progress on Site from an environmental perspective; and undertaking a continual internal review of the EMP and submitting a report to the Employer
· Completing start-up, weekly, monthly and site closure checklists
· Recommending the issuing of fines for transgressions of site rules
· Inspecting the Site and surrounding areas regularly with regard to compliance with the EMP
· Keeping a register of complaints in the Site Office and recording and dealing with any community comments or issues
· Monitoring and verifying that the EMP is adhered to at all times
· Ensuring necessary environmental authorizations and permits have been obtained
· Keeping records of all activities / incidents concerning the environment on Site in the Site Diary
· Monitoring the undertaking by the Contractor of environmental awareness training for all new personnel coming onto site
· Advising on the removal of person(s) and/or equipment not complying with the specifications
· Monitoring and verifying that environmental impacts are kept to a minimum
· Reviewing construction method statements and monitoring and verifying adherence to approved method statements
· Assisting the Contractor in finding environmentally responsible solutions to problems
· Giving a report back on the environmental issues at the monthly site meetings and other meetings that may be called regarding environmental matters
· Assisting the site manager and the project leader on their respective obligations on site regarding HSE
· Assisting the Project team (Purchasing, Electrical, Civil Work) to implement HSE plan into subcontractors Contract and Obligations
· Support of the main quality department, e.g. Development, introduction and implementation of standards and procedures.
· Receiving and inspection of incoming materials
· Check the product specifications, inspection - and test plans (itp's) and other documents for fabrication and installation.
· Issuing and transmitting Non-conformance reports as per NC Procedure.
· Checking the Quality Control Plans of Site Sub-Contractors and Sub-suppliers
· Supervising and controlling the foreseen site inspections and collect the reports and certificates.
· Undertaking surveillance/visits/inspections to manufacturers' works and construction sites inclusive reporting.
· Communication with supplier organisations, project team and specialists at all levels.
· Consultation and support for projects based on rules, guidelines and standards.
· Assisting Site Manager and Project Leader for Testing Procedures to be laid on site
· Making internal tests on site on random basis to check quality
· Assisting the Project team (Purchasing, Electrical, Civil Work) to implement QUALITY plan into subcontractors Contract and Obligations
· To manage and contribute to the maintaining of Housekeeping and Health & Safety standards.
· Ensure company rules and regulations are adhered to by applying and/or enforcing company policies and procedures consistently and fairly.
· To perform any other duties within your capabilities as and when required.
· To follow the procedures as stipulated in our Business Management System and to be constantly aware of factors that could have an impact on our environment.
· Assist in performing subcontractor qualification process
Education : Tertiary qualification in quality and/or health and safety
Experience : Min 3 years’ experience in health and safety in a construction environment,
medium to large projects
At least 2 years’ experience in construction/civil works project follow up
Good Knowledge of applicable norms in the construction, fabrication, and
Fluent in English and Afrikaans
Mechanical, welding, Electrical and fabrication notions knowledge
Familiar with problem solving methodologies (5 Why, 5M, 5W2H)
If you feel that you qualify for the above position then please forward your CV to Ish Johaardien: firstname.lastname@example.org