Chief Design Engineer - Aerospace - South Africa
Chief Design Engineer (Aerospace) is required by CA Global: Africa Positions. The position is based in Johannesburg - South Africa.
· Find suitable electro-mechanical technical solutions to meet the project specifications.
· This requires the ability to generate and evaluate many technical solutions and ensure the most effective and suitable is selected.
· Mechanical design work (especially in fine mechanics) on missile systems, subsystems and support equipment
· Guide and lead the technical staff of a widely skilled department, as well as mentor young engineers and technicians.
· Write documentation as required by the project
· Do formal presentations
· Provide feasible inputs during design reviews and brainstorming sessions
· May be required to attend flight tests and other tests
· Fully responsible to determine the strategic inputs regarding future electro mechanical technologies and their utilization.
Education : Engineering degree (BEng) in Mechanical Engineering qualification
Experience : 15 years detailed technical or engineering background preferably in a high
Ideally the candidate should have defence and/or aerospace experience.
Project management and or planning skills obtained on a technical hardware
Experience and understanding of taking a mechanical product from prototype
Experience in the use of 3D CAD design tools (Pro-Engineer Wildfire 4
Interest in defense technology and future technological development
If you feel that you qualify for the above position then please forward your CV to Ish Johaardien: email@example.com