Group Manager - Aerospace - Johannesburg
Group Manager (Aerospace) is required by CA Global: Africa Positions. The position is based in Johannesburg - South Africa.
· Manage, control, forecast and report on all financial aspects of the group.
· Performance contract and bi annual appraisal of all staff.
· Ensure projects executed within budget.
· Assist HR in recruitment of bursars, interns and engineering pipeline candidates; includes interviewing possible candidates, attending career fairs and youth career programs around the country, etc.
· Assist in SAWomEng activities as determined by HR.
· Presentations to company visitors and funding resources.
· Promote role of the company and in the wider environment.
· Facilitate succession planning in Engineering.
· Constant liaison with Engineering Group Managers to ensure all aspects of the group are in line with other groups requirements.
· Ensure Intern “curriculum” is adhered to and continually relevant to the company.
· Generate, staff, monitor and ensure execution of Intern projects according to the company’s best practice.
· Ensure suitable technical mentors available for participation in all Intern projects.
· Ensure mentors assigned to all Interns, new staff and others. Ensure mentorship process is followed correctly within engineering.
· Provide mentorship to engineering employees
Education : Engineering degree preferably in electronic, mechanical or aerodynamics
Experience : A minimum of 10 years engineering design experience – preferably in a high
tech product development environment (lecturer experience also suitable).
Actively participated in the recruitment process of engineers.
Broad technical engineering background with a good understanding of the
product development process.
If you feel that you qualify for the above position then please forward your CV to Ish Johaardien: email@example.com