Head of Mining /Business Development -North East Africa
Head of Mining /Business Development – North Africa
My mining equipment client is currently seeking a business development professional for their mining division where they are working to establish a new business in North East Africa.
Their basic operations will focuses mainly on the following minerals gold, iron, chrome, and many others depending on the geological land surveys.
· The incumbent will reports directly to the GENERAL Manager;
· Someone that can enable a local caterpillar supplier to get into the mining industries and become leaders
· Able to setup a new business from scratch
· Provide project leadership and interface with project sponsors at various phases
· Collaborate, mentor as well as coach others on the project team and the business unit to define and execute the project;
· Specializes in contracting and retailing of the mining venture;
· Assessing the commercial viability of new mining ventures;
· Able to advise on construction of mining company, mines, installation of plant and equipment required.
· Working with specialist PC software to support planning programmes;
· Overseeing major construction projects and ensuring that operations are functioning smoothly;
· Overseeing staff activities, either in one site section or throughout an entire mine;
· Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies;
· Costing and scheduling supplies;
· Establishing extraction systems;
· Planning for transition from surface to underground mining operations;
· Learning new skills as required, such as drilling and blasting;
· Providing consultancy and advice on mining and mineral extraction projects;
· Preparing plans for mines, for example tunnels and shafts for underground mines;
· Managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records.
- · Mining related qualification
- · 10-15 years experience
- · Min hands-on experience of 8yrs developing and executing new mining ventures
- · Package negotiable-depending on experience
- · Residential status in country with travel to site