Mining & Planning Manager - Saudi Arabia
Manager, Mining & Planning
My client in Saudi Arabia is currently seeking a Mining and Planning Manager
The successful candidate would be responsible for all activities related to designing mine layout and equipment to ensure extraction rates are maintained and to ensure the mine is designed safely.
Key tasks include participating in discussions related to new mine development, supervising the drafting of maps and plans both manually and via AutoCAD, Surpac Modelling, supervising and coordinating surveying activities, and participating in mine expansion and development projects. This position is responsible for managing production planning activities to meet annual production goals and implementing operational excellence activities within the job holder’s span of control.
- Supervises the activities of assigned Mine Engineering personnel.
- Designs and schedules underground development to ensure current and future ore production requirements. Designs ore extraction from mine. Schedules ore extraction based on production requirements. Analyses stope feasibility, cost analysis to ascertain economical extraction of ore. Evaluates ore zones for optimum mining method and designs stopes accordingly. Schedules ore production to optimise ore reserves.
- Performs cost analysis for all mining activities.
- Evaluates, designs, and monitors underground ventilation networks. Determines ground support requirements and monitors implementation.
- Designs underground services distribution (i.e. water, power, air). Ensures all facilities are safely designed.
- . Analyses and compiles monthly and yearly statistical production reports for Management’s review, comment and information. Develops yearly ore production schedule for budget estimates. Develops monthly ore production schedule to offset any variance in yearly schedule.
- Compiles mine production statistics on a daily basis. Produces a daily, monthly and yearly mine production report for managements review and appropriate action.
- Develops Safety and Environment (HSE) programs, policies and procedures. Attends regular HSE meetings and conducts such meetings within own area.
- Participates in the training of Saudi nationals who may be assigned to his unit from time to time.
- Performs other similar or related such as; budgeting, ore reserve calculations, and project evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining engineering
- 10 years or more experience in mining engineering, experience in planning and development is preferred
- Autocad and surpac modelling experience essential
- English fluency required
· This is a permanent expatriate position to be residentially based in Saudi Arabia
· US dollar tax free salary
· plus excellent benefits such as housing, car, schooling, flights, medical etc
· family status, relocation offered