Mine Manager - Saudi Arabia
3160304NDS Mine Manager (Saudi Arabia)
The Mine Manager will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of the Mine site. Mine produces gold, silver, copper and zinc. Overall objectives are to increase reserves, reduce costs and maximize profits in compliance with the approved Operation Plan, which includes adherence to health, safety and environmental objectives and policies. This position is responsible for implementing operational excellence activities within the job holder’s span of control.
- Manages the formulation of the annual business plan and setting up the targets and objectives on a mine level. Ensures that each department makes suitable action plans to fulfill the objectives.
- Implements and monitors effective scheduling, costing, quality systems and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of mine plans for all mining activities to ensure optimum exploitation of the ore body and conducts audits in accordance with mine design guidelines.
- Achieves outputs of maximum tonnes and grades without compromising safety.
- Controls costs through effective planning and ongoing monitoring of expenditure in accordance with the project budget.
- Develops and implements monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all mining costs are minimized
- Establishes the manpower requirements for the Mine Operations and Maintenance Departments.
- Maintains a competent and effective hourly workforce through effective personnel management and labour relations techniques.
- Creates a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential
- Continually reviews every aspect of the mine department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Cooperates with the Process Improvement Supervisor to ensure that targets for Ounces Produced, Talent Development, Saudization, Cost and Process Improvement, Reserves and Cash Cost are achieved.
- Develops the mine forecast for both the mine and maintenance cost centers. Manages these costs and explains the variances to the forecast on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyzes costs to determine where savings can be gained as well as where additional money needs to be spent to reduce costs either in the short run or in the long run.
- Reviews invoices for proper billing.
- Approves all purchases, stocking of parts, spare part levels, and warranties.
- Sets up the overall direction of milling operations. This Includes responsibility for developing and implementing operational plan for gold, silver, copper and zinc recovery levels at minimum cost and in accordance with safety standards. Responsibilities include operation of heap leach facilities, assay and metallurgical testing activities.
- Exercises overall responsibility for the maintenance of all equipment, covers surface and underground equipment and mill maintenance. This includes ensuring that preventive and breakdown maintenance is carried out on all underground and surface equipment, at minimum cost and in accordance with safety standards. Also covers power plant, civil plant, water treatment plant, electrical, mechanical and vehicle workshops.
- Supports that human resources and associated administrative policies related to the Mine and its personnel are implemented. This includes ensuring that policies related to recruitment, training, employee relations, camp administration, warehouse, purchasing, fire, safety, security and medical are properly administered in liaison with functional departments at Head Office.
- Supervises the purchasing and warehousing in liaison with functional staff in Riyadh and Jeddah offices. This includes ensuring that all spare parts, chemicals and equipment are available when required and that stocks are maintained at economic levels. Authorizes the purchase of operating materials, supplies and equipment and low value capital items and develops capital equipment purchase recommendations and justification.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Implements the OHSE policies and procedures;
- Assists in identifying OHSE training needs;
- Leads by example and promotes sound OHSE practices at every opportunity;
- Ensures safe equipment and plant is provided and maintained;
- Reviews OHSE reports and inspections, and following up on recommendations;
- Coordinates incident investigations and reporting to the corporate ISSED;
- Coordinates OHSE meetings and programs;
- Monitors compliance with the OHSE policies and procedure
- Proposes the budget for mine site operations and monitors performance against budget, in terms of production goals and costs and takes corrective actions where necessary.
- Manages all operational accounting activities at the Sukaybarat/Bulghah Mine, covering cost and management accounting functions, ensuring that such activities are in accordance with Company accounting policies. Reviews, submits and discusses various accounting reports at all levels in the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 12-15 years’ experience in an operational/technical capacity in the mining industry including supervisory/managerial experience.
· This is a permanent expatriate position to be residentially based in Saudi Arabia
· US dollar tax free salary
· plus excellent benefits such as housing, car, schooling, flights, medical etc
· family status, relocation offered