Director -Strategy, Planning & Operations
My client is currently seeking a Director for Strategy, Planning & Operations to be based in Saudi Arabia for their precious metals business
Reports to: Vice President, SBU Precious Metals
Leads the Strategy and Business planning functions of the SBU as well as direct the assurance roles of the SBU in terms of monitoring the key operational practices within the operations to ensure that maximum value is returned for the Corporate investment in the Gold Company.
Provides leadership across the functions of: setting of strategy, business planning, mine planning review and standards, financial modelling, portfolio analysis, mineral resource management, engineering/maintenance and operational effectiveness.
Oversees initiatives to increase the overall economic sustainable metal recovery from the company’s mineral resources and reserves; improves business alignment and enhances decision making in the SBU; ensures long and short term mine planning and scheduling is done effectively; mining performance data is reported and life of mine valuations are kept up to date.
He prepares economic and technical reports for Corporate executive team on gold operations to assist in continuous improvement and striving to reach world’s best practice
· Performance of planning and strategy
· Mine Planning
· Mineral Resource Management
Operational performance and effectiveness
· Raises the Five Year Plan to the VP SBU
· Capital & Labour Planning Advice
· Planning advice
· Implementation progress
· Exploration progress.
· Finance coordination
· Procedure implementation
· Negotiation attendance
· A bachelor degree in science or engineering.
· A MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification would be preferable.
· 20 years experience in planning and/or business development in the minerals sector of which 5 years must be an established mining corporate.
· Experience should include mine planning in underground and surface mines and in commodities such as precious and base metals.
· Strategic and annual planning process
· Capital budgeting
· Manpower and mining fleet scheduling
· Mineral project evaluation
· Resource reserve calculations including cut of grade calculation
· Mineral resource classification systems JORC
· Shareholder value added
· High-energy strategic thinker with strong analytical and business judgment skills
· Proven track record of leading planning process in large organization
· A competitive results oriented attitude
· Strategy and/or planning experience for large enterprises
· Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated leadership through influence and collaboration rather than direct control
· True team player and leader, with ability to manage ambiguity
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight deadlines
· Fluency in English