MWD / LWD Field Specialists (Oil & Gas / Drilling & Evaluation / Measurements) – Angola
CA Oil & Gas are currently seeking MWD / LWD Field Specialists for our clients operations. African nationals will be given priority when applying for the position.
Under broad direction provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line(s)) tool(s)) and/or service.
Work is evaluated upon completion by a Field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers.
Provides direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day well site work and activities. Provides advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
Executes other related duties as assigned.
University Degree in Engineering or Applied Science required. 5 + years’ experience in MWD / LWD Services
Desired/Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Thorough knowledge of Conventional Drilling Systems Technology
• Working knowledge of Rotary Steerable Technology
• Working knowledge of MWD systems used in Directional Drilling Systems.
• Thorough understanding of customer requirements in the oilfield environment
• Proficient in the use of PC’s
• Ability to use skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development
• Thorough knowledge of Anti Collision policy and techniques for Collision Avoidance.
• Good analytical skills.
• Ability to work and communicate well with internal and external customers.