Senior Long Term Planner - West Africa
My client is a growing exploration and mining company in West Africa, currently seeking a long- range planner for their open-pit operations,
· To ensure that mining plans optimize the utilization of the resource over time;
· To provide quarterly updates to mine design and mine plans that conform to the budgeted ounce delivery schedule and stripping ratios;
· Provide mine designs and waste dump designs appropriate to the selected gold price;
· Perform sensitivity analysis on the above, and on differential mining scenarios;
· Ensure that all medium and long range plans are communicated to the Senior mining engineering staff, and that all plans are conformed to in the short term;
· Ensure the mining fleet is configured appropriately to the medium and long range plans;
· Compilation of mining data for budgeting purposes;
· Calculate reserves;
· Liaise with other departments to ensure that ground prep (condemnation drilling and environmental clearance), are scheduled well ahead of mining and dumping operations;
· Liaise with management on issues of mining and development;
· Provide guidance to Senior Mine Engineers on issues of design and planning feasibility;
· Strategic Planning
o To align corporate business goals and objectives with SGO operations
o To determine SGO Strategic Action Plan and Departmental Tactical Plans
· LOM and annual plans
o To outline the operational hours of the mobile fleet
o To provide a basis on which Maintenance can forecast PM schedules
o To provide a basis on which the open pit budget can be developed in detail
o To produce annual and LOM Forecast and Budget
· Mine Design
o The use of mining software (ie Vulcan) to carry out the following as required:
o Pit Designs, Waste Dump Designs, Haul Road Designs, Other infrastructure designs(dams, drain ditches, etc.)
· Mine Planning and Scheduling
o Responsible for mine planning and scheduling on site using software such as spreadsheets, iGantt etc to ensure practical schedules are produced for production, budgeting and forecasting purposes.
o This includes medium (quarterly) and long term (yearly and life of mine) planning and scheduling.
· Mine Development planning
o Ensure that proper clearance is in order before mining operations move into new areas of the mine-lease. This includes:
o Road relocation, Pit expansion and Waste dump development
· Safety and Environment
o Pro-active in abiding by SGO’s safety and environmental policies and reporting any safety or environmental issues.
o To work as part of a team with fellow Mining Engineers, Geologists, Surveyors and Production personnel to ensure production target/budgets are achieved.
o To mentor and assist Junior Mining Engineers to increase their skills and mining knowledge.
· Chief Mining Engineer
o Deputise for Chief Mining Engineer when on field breaks.
o Assist Chief Mining Engineer with the allocation of resources within the mining department to achieve objectives outlined above
· Engineering Degree
· At least 10 years experience in mining
· Thorough working knowledge of mining activities;
· High level of computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite, CAD software, etc...
· Strong communication skills, ability to speak and write in English
· Ability to train less experienced members of the staff;
· Ability to liaise and promote liaison between maintenance, mining and contracting personnel;
· Maintenance of safe working environment practices;