Manager -Ore Production - Southern Africa
My client is a Mining and Smelting Company which operates Underground Shafts and a Smelter in Southern Africa. They are currently seeking a MANAGER - ORE PRODUCTION to start asap.
· Reporting to the Divisional Manager Ore Production
· Managing efficiency and effectiveness of the ore extraction
· Ensuring optimal conformation to the legal requirements provided by the Mines, Quarries, Works & Machinery Act.
· Managing shaft production and ensuring that targets are met
· Strategic planning for ore extraction at the shaft
· Ensuring that projects are executed within budget
· Conducting monthly safety briefs
· Mining Degree or equivalent
· 10 years post qualification experience in a mining industry
· Mine Managers Certificate of Competency an added advantage.
· Trackless mining exposure
· Budget and Cost management experience
· Good knowledge of Microsoft package
· two year renewable contract with expat expatriate conditions
· Gross local salary (taxed 25%), plus a car allowance and a monthly gratuity ranging 25 – 33% payable at the end of the contract as a lump sum
· Other benefits include housing, medical aid, subsidized utilities (water & electricity)
· Subsidized school fees for children at primary school
· Individual employees’ pay will differ depending on their current market rate or how much they earn at the time of recruitment.